If you’re looking for a last minute party snack for Halloween then look no further than these easy witches broom pretzel treats!
But these cute peanut butter and pretzel brooms aren’t just for Halloween. They’d also be perfect for your next magical themed Harry Potter party! Or any kind of witchy wizarding party, really.
Scroll down for the recipe. Although, to be honest, these pretzel snacks are so insanely easy to make I wouldn’t even even call this a recipe! It’s more of a witches broomstick treat tutorial.
All you need are some mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, pretzel rods and a few squares of melted chocolate to magically attach them together.
I mean, peanut butter and pretzels. Who doesn’t love that winning combo?!
How to make witch broomstick pretzel treats
All it takes to make these tasty Halloween broomstick treats is a little bit of melted chocolate. This is going to act as a delicious, edible magic glue to stick the pretzels to the peanut butter cups.
I used milk chocolate, but you could use any kind. Candy melts would work too, if that’s what you have.
While your chocolate cools slightly you prepare your Reese’s peanut butter cups. I highly recommend getting the unwrapped kind like these to make things simple and save some extra time! Arrange your peanut butter cups upside down on a tray or plate so that the narrow end is at the top.
Once the peanut butter cups are ready, it’s time to assemble your broomsticks!
Dip about 1/4 inch of your pretzel stick into the warm melted chocolate, then gently press the chocolate coated end of the pretzel onto the top a peanut butter cup. You’ll need to hold it in place for a few seconds until the chocolate sets enough for the pretzel to stand upright on its own.
If you’re in a rush to serve these (or if you’re lucky enough to live somewhere hot!) just them pop in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to make sure the chocolate is fully hardened. Otherwise these broomstick treats will be fine hanging out at room temperature to set.
You could make this even easier by pushing the pretzel sticks straight into the peanut butter cups, but this method can end in broken pretzels and smushed peanut butter cups. I mean, you’d get to eat the casualties, so that might not be such a bad approach after all…
Witch Broom Pretzel Treats
- 36 mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 36 pretzel sticks
- 75 g / 2.5 oz / 0.5 cup semisweet or milk chocolate
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave
- Turn the peanut butter cups upside down and place them on a plate or baking sheet.
- Dip the end of a pretzel stick into the melted chocolate, until about 1/4 inch (0.5cm) of the pretzel is coated. Gently press the chocolate coated end onto the top of a peanut butter cup. Hold it place for a few seconds until the chocolate sets enough for the pretzel to stand upright on its own.
- Place the topped peanut butter cups in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden and set. Alternatively, leave the tray at room temperature for an hour or so until the chocolate hardens.
Want to Remember this post for later? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Board!
LOOKING FOR MORE HALLOWEEN RECIPES?
- Chocolate Spider Web Sheet Cake
- Super Simple Mummy Hot Dogs
- Spider Web Pretzel Treats
- Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- Ghost and Mummy Oreo Cookie Treats
Even More Halloween Fun
Looking for some creepy cute and free Halloween party printables to get in the Halloween spirit? Check out my free printable party set right here!
It includes two Trick or Treat Halloween banners, straw flags, treat bag toppers, cupcake toppers and more!
Want some more Halloween party inspiration? Have a look at my Best Halloween Party Ideas post here. It’s full of ideas for food, favors and more!